Alight Creative is a Seoul-based startup building powerful and innovative mobile-first tools to empower the next generation of content creators. Join the passionate, quirky, imaginative team developing Alight Motion and help us expand our apps and services. As an early-stage startup, we are striving to build a team of the very best, and believe strongly in creating equal opportunities and fostering mutual respect and creative innovation.
As our first Chief Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of Alight Creative’s software products by designing test strategies that balance automation with hands-on testing, and assembling and leading a quality assurance team as the company grows.
Our product offerings, such as Alight Motion, boast an ever-growing set of features built for professional content creators. As the feature set grows, so does the importance and difficulty of quality assurance. Professional users expect reliability, and it is our mission to live up to those expectations. This can be challenging when delivering software for fragmented ecosystems such as traditional mobile platforms.
Your initial responsibilities will balance test automation, issue management, and hands-on testing. As the company grows, you will be responsible for growing the QA team through hiring or outsourcing.
- Plan, develop, and execute test strategies for Alight Creative products.
- Automate testing in Firebase Test Lab.
- Build tools to generate test data (such as user projects) for Alight Creative apps.
- Implement continuous integration for automatic testing.
- Collaborate with the dev team to identify areas where additional unit testing can be applied effectively to improve app quality.
- Initially, conduct hands-on testing of Alight Creative tools until this work can be delegated.
- Define quality metrics and implement methods for measuring and improving test effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the dev teams to leverage automation for solutions to prevent regressions and ensure product reliability.
- Develop standard for issue reporting, and manage quality of issues reported in the issue tracking system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in quality assurance testing and test engineering.
- Experience in Python, Kotlin, Java, C/C++ or an equivalent language.
- Experience with bug tracking tools such as Jira and YouTrack.
- Knowledge of source control and continuous integration systems.
- Practical understanding of SQL and XML.
- Meticulous, analytical approach to problem-solving, including the ability to imagine and plan tests for edge cases and unusual usage scenarios.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including experience working closely with dev teams and product managers.
- Experience with industry standard test automation tools and frameworks.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and unambiguously describe software defects.
- Experience in technical leadership or people management.
- Strong written and spoken English ability.
- Experience with UI test automation for Android and iPhone apps.
- Knowledge of various video and audio encoding formats and issues relating to testing products that work with video and audio.
- Knowledge of shell scripting for task automation.
- Fluency in Korean.