Alight Creative is a Seoul-based startup building powerful and innovative mobile-first tools to empower the next generation of content creators. Join the passionate, quirky, imaginative team developing Alight Motion and help us expand our apps and services. As an early-stage startup, we are striving to build a team of the very best, and believe strongly in creating equal opportunities and fostering mutual respect and creative innovation.
At Alight Creative we believe in enabling professional desktop-level content creation on mobile platforms without compromising quality or functionality, while simultaneously leveraging unique qualities of mobile platforms to improve usability.
This means our product design team faces hard, challenging problems, and must come up with new innovative solutions to meet these challenges. We push the boundaries of mobile design, and invite you to join us in breaking new ground and building new interface metaphors.
As Product Designer, you will work closely with our Chief Product Designer, user experience designers, and product managers to improve how users interact with Alight Motion, and to build designs that realize new functionality for Alight Motion. You will also be involved in planning and design for future Alight Creative products.
- Organize product requirements and translate them into sketches and wireframes.
- Work with the Chief Product Designer and UX designers to ensure a consistent user experience across various features and applications within the Alight Creative ecosystem.
- Map out current and new customer workflows, visualizing how offerings from Alight Creative fit together with each other and with other tools, apps, and platforms to meet the needs of users of all backgrounds from hobbyists to professionals in an enterprise environment.
- Plan analytics models that can be used to evaluate app usability.
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, graphic designers and other roles, including direct collaboration with developers when iterating or prototyping UX designs.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer.
- In-depth knowledge of design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, or similar tools.
- High quality portfolio showcasing end-to-end product designs, showing process and outcomes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and ability to thrive in a cross-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to accept and to give honest, constructive feedback.
- Fluency in Korean and English.
- Knowledge of After Effects, Alight Motion, or other motion graphics tools.
- Familiarity with principles of animation.
- iPhone/Android app design experience.